Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day

It's a well known fact Mother's Day has always been hard for me.  I will admit this year was much easier.  I would still get anxiety every time someone would bring up Mother's Day, then I would remember I was a mom now.  I think it's hard to throw away feelings you've had for years and years.  I thought this year would be tear free, but it wasn't.  I was pretty much a blubbering mess through all of sacrament and then again during my lesson. I thought the bishop was going to call me in to see if I was okay.  He didn't for the record.

But man....

I cried...

I cried for Em's birth mom and the extreme love I have for her.  She made me a mom.  Words just can't explain.
I cried for Em's birth family.  They made so many sacrifices for our little girl.
I cried for all those who are still waiting to be moms.  
I cried appreciation to our Heavenly Father that I am a mom.   

So there's always next year to try again for a dry faced Mother's Day, right?

and, What's a Mom Post without thanking my mom and mother in law..  I know they have cried many tears for me over the years.

2 comments:

Jeph said...

This post almost made me cry. I'm glad this years tears were a little happier than last. Emme is so lucky to have such an awesome mother. Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was really from me, not Jeph. Although I'm sure he would have said the exact same thing had he been commenting. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...