Monday, April 14, 2008

Young Women Conference


I had the opportunity to attend the Young Women Conference at our stake center a couple weeks ago with our young women. Pres. Eyring gave such a beautiful talk. The spirit was so strong and I thought there was no way I could deny that the church was true. His talk made me think of how temporary this life is and how one day I wont have to live with certain health problems or watch family members suffer as well. Yesterday the young women's president gave the lesson and she shared his talk again. After we went around the room and each said, "I'm a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me personally." This is so true, even though it seems so easy for me to forget as I get older and trials come my way. A little insert from his talk is this-
I testify to you that you have been one of the valiant ones to reach the point where you now are in this journey of life. Just as you are marked as a target by the enemy of righteousness, you have been protected and watched over by your Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. They know you. They know all of the forces and individuals around you. They know what is ahead of you. And so They know which of the choices you make, which of the desires you decide to satisfy, and which of the circumstances around you will make the most difference in keeping you walking in the light. I testify that by the Spirit of Christ and by the Holy Ghost, you may walk confidently in whatever difficulties will come. Because you are so valuable, some of your trials may be severe. You need never be discouraged or afraid. The way through difficulties has always been prepared for you, and you will find it if you exercise faith.

This hit me so strongly and it was just what I needed to hear right now. I hope you all enjoy it as well. http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-42,00.html Click there to read the whole talk.

2 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Lacey I am so glad that you put that on your blog I read it and it is such a wonderful talk in fact just what I needed to hear right now in my life you are so awesome I need to call you.

Cambry said...

I'm teary. Thanks for sharing that. I miss working with the youth in YW and seminary. I think it was a beautiful idea to have each girl say that powerful statement during the lesson. Way to provide a memorable experience where the Holy Ghost can witness to the girls (and leaders!)that Heavenly Father truly knows them. You are a sweetie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...