Monday, April 28, 2008

3 days until birthday month

Most of you know my birthday month soon approaches. It is on the 31st of May for those of you who don't. Tricia and I share the same birthday so it is nice to have someone to back me up on this whole birthday month thing. Okay so it's hard to keep track of what I want so I thought I would make a list and maybe narrow it down later. Also, it is good for Gregg to know as well. haha. okay here goes...

-Scooter (so I can ride back and forth to work) My mom said I couldn't because she would just worry all the time that I would get ran over by all the horrible Salt Lake drivers...

-Bicycle (next best thing to scooter right?) Well okay I couldn't ride that alllll the way to work, but we are right by the Jordan River walkway and I saw and ad for a cute old school cruiser yesterday. I already have an awesome mountain bike and I told Gregg he could have that one...I'm such a good wife...haha. It just needs to be brought down from Idaho.

-Sunglasses Okay I admit I already have a great pair that I didn't treat very well and they are scratched. Also, shopping for Gregg's got me to thinking....

-New Camera I want a really nice one with scope and all. Right there shows you I know nothing about cameras, but a really expensive one should do

-Books, Books, and more Books This is just a given

-New scriptures I'm still using the ones I got for baptism, but I can't seem to give them up because they are already marked and broken in. Yes, I realize this should be at the top of the list, but I'm not going in order.

-A shopping trip This will happen no matter if I get other gifts or not, because it is birthday tradition for both of our birthdays. I always tend to find things on Gregg's birthday...hehe

-Yes there is more, but I can't remember right now, so I will get back to ya'll later. Oh and I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but this birthday month is taken very serious and obviously we are not going to spend that much money on me....or are we :).....haha But for real this is a sarcastic post for all of you that didn't get that.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Okay, I'm thinking you should get all those things....and lots more! Be selfish! You have 11 months to think of others. Take one for yourself. I think it sounds very generous of you, not selfish:) Have fun adding to your list!

Hodges Family said...

Lacey you and greg sound alot like brody and I. I tend to get spoiled and he tends to not even care that much also i just begged brody for months for a bike so elisa and I could get out and excercise it is so fun i feel like a kid again. Happy Birthday but I try never to forget your birthday.

sjhalford said...

Lacey,
You make me laugh! I love your list! You should get spoiled for your bday! We need to hang out! I sort of got a blog going. I am new at it so its a work in process haha. Anyway, it is sjhalford.blogspot.com You might have to teach me to do all the fun stuff.
Jess

Rachel said...

Lacey, I am stalking you again (trying to distract myself from the fact that I still haven't heard a word). I wanted to let you know that MY birthday is May 31 too!! AND I am obsessed with birthdays and insist on a birthday week--but I think a month is an even better idea! Ryan and I often go on a birthday trip for his in August; most of the time for mine (which is right around Memorial Day, as you know), someone will come to town and see me...like a sister or a BF. I love b-days.

I know this post is really old, but I saw the title on your Linked Within thumbnails, and I laughed because I love the idea of a birthday month. Have you ever read The Secret Life of Bees? I am so tempted to name my daughters after a month of the year and let them celebrate the entire month, like in the book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...