Thursday, May 01, 2008

This is some randomness for sure

Okay, so it's not officially birthday month yet because today is Bruce's birthday and Tricia and I set this day aside for him. Sorry Bruce you only get one day. Some people just aren't lucky enough to have birthday's on the 31st. Bruce is an awesome father in law and we share many inside jokes, just me and him. He even came to one of my "girly" appointments recently, (don't worry not in the room) so I could have a second set of ears when the doctor talked to me in his office. His kids have always come first in his life and it shows. Love ya Brucey!


So, on to more events of the day...yesterday I was cuddling with Herc and picking out little found treasures he always has in his big curly ears (I know gross, but ya just have to) and I found what I thought to be a weed or something....so I worked on it to get it out and a big chunk of hair came out. Ewwww, I didn't think too much about it, but then a second and third chunk came out. Okay, so now I'm freaking out. Then he has a spot that starts bleeding. I'm thinking "oh no, my baby is going to die." So I immediately call Gregg and of course he is thinking "Lace, you're crazy." Then I called the vet and got an appointment early this morning which my friend Mattie came with me to because Herc freaks out so she helped me hold him down. Well, come to find out he just has a yeast infection and some ointment will clear it up. I wish I would have known that last night so I could have slept better instead of thinking the whole house has rash grossness in it. Also, it is not contagious. yea! I feel much better, thanks for asking...
I forgot to post these pictures of Herc, but this is his daily routine when Gregg gets home.
1. Grab ball run around couch three times
2. Run outside, stare at ball
3. Wait for ball to be kicked
4. Go to doggy door to see if mom or dad are coming
5. Get a better view, maybe they'll notice me and then I wait some more 6. Poke head through door to get attention.
7. Run back to grass and stare at ball. Wait for it to move.
Okay, I'm admit our dog has issues (or maybe it's me) but, we still LOVE him!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

oh gotta love herc. that would freak me out too if i pulled out chunks of hair. you are good to be concerned. i am glad you figured out what it was, but i am sad you didn't sleep well. we need to hang out soon!

sjhalford said...

Herc is so dang cute! We need to take our dogs on walks again by the Jordan River. Those were some good ol times!

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

Okay so I just love Bruce too. That is so cute he came along to help "listen" to the doctor. Actually made me tear up a bit.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so cute all the time these days. You keep changing it but it always looks good. I might have to invest in digital scrapbook stuff as well.

sjhalford said...

Lacey,
Yeah we are staying here for the summer. I actually have no life at this moment, so I am free anytime. Last night Spencer and I took the dogs for a walk by the Jordan River. It was way fun. We need to do that!
Jess

Cambry said...

Herc, come for a play date with Maudie!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH LACEY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...