Saturday, May 31, 2008

A day I'd like to call, "Lacey's Birthday"


As many know, May 2nd to May 31st is a special time at our household. We have all month to prepare for Lacey's special day. Unfortunately I was unable to get all the birthday requests on Lacey's list, so if anybody has an extra Vespa scooter that they would like to donate, that would be great. I'm so happy that we are able to spend the entire day together. As many of you know, Lacey ends up working about every Saturday, and I hardly have any Mondays off, so it's not often that we get this much time free time together. I have now known Lacey for 5 years, which is crazy to think. The first birthday I knew Lacey is when I decided that I really liked this girl. The story goes.......Lacey's cousins Trevor and Carla planned a suprise birthday at the Old Spaghetti Factory with some other friends. My assignment was to showup to Lacey's hair school, suprise her and take her the "long" way to the restaurant so she wouldn't know where we were going. I wanted to get her something for her b-day,but I wasn't sure if it was to soon in our courtship. I didn't want to be the crazy guy who showed up with a life-sized stuffed animal, so I thought one flower would be good, not too much, not too little, but thoughtful. It happened to be a very hot day that year and by the time the flower made it from the shop, to my house, to the car, and to Lacey's school, it died. This is when panic set in, I had to have something, but I didn't have time to get anything else....so I did what any other normal person would do...I gave her the dead flower. Don't get me wrong, I felt like any idiot, but I figured she would overlook the present, and see the gesture, and sure enough she did. Needless to say the drive to Old Spaghetti Factory didn't go much better. On the way there Lacey's sister Erica, called her from Idaho, and asked if we had made it to the restaurant and spoiled the suprise element. Once we got there, the night went much better and we had a great time....the end.
I love Lacey so much, she is such a great person. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. I hope that she has a very happy, happy birthday....and I look foward to the many birthdays together in the future. I LOVE you Lacey.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Lacey!! Ana Julia loves her hair cut....check out my blog for your cameo appearance. (sorry I didn't take any pictures where you were actually looking at the camera)

Lacey said...

happy birthday Lacey!!! you are seriously the sweetest person i know! i have so much fun talking to you, i wish we did it more often! anyway gregg you are so cute for doing this post. lacey is an amazing girl! and has an awesome name if i don't say so myself! lets hang out sometime soon!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACEY! LOVE YA!

Hodges Family said...

I remember that day it was funny when you brought the dead flower greg! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday and i hope the whole month was good

sjhalford said...

Oh, Gregg that was a sweet post! Lacey is awesome and you got a great girl! I hope you treated her like a princess!

Julie said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Lacey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...