Monday, June 02, 2008

Am I too old for this?

So I had a great day on my birthday. Gregg and I slept in, then we went to a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel (my favorite place), then we went to see my friend Emily's new baby (which I will post soon), then we went shopping (birthday tradition), and when I got home there was a note on my counter that said to look in the fridge. To my surprise there was a dozen roses in the fridge. I was soooo excited. Gregg had no clue what was going on, but I knew who did...my awesome father in law. It was so sweet! Then we headed off to The Roof for dinner with Brad and Tricia. As you all know Tricia and I share the same birthday so it's always fun to hang out with them on our special day. To finish off the day we walked around Temple Square as the sun was setting. It was the best birthday I've had in years. Thanks to everyone who made it all possible. First...I'd like to thank the academy...just kidding. Cheesy I know. But, seriously thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes!

Flowers from Bruce

Waiting to be seated.
Brad and Dish
So full I can hardly smile.
The birthday girls!
Oh! If you are wondering what I ended up with for presents I will tell you...Gregg gave me a gift certificate to Deseret Book to either get scriptures or a case, a gift certificate to Borders, and a really great pair of new sunglasses. He reminded me after we got the sunglasses that I was very spoiled and he hoped I knew that. My reply? I know!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lacey! It sounds like you had a great birthday!! I love the picture of you and Gregg w/ the temple in the background -!! Happy Birthday again!!

Amanda said...

Looks like it was a fun day! You totally deserve it! :)

sjhalford said...

I am glad you had a great bday!

Jackson's said...

Fun! Sounds like a good day. Love the bangs(is that spelt right?)

Jackson's said...

Ryan wants to know where the picture is of you answering the phone when we called.

Julie said...

You two are so cute. I am glad that you had a good day.

Hodges Family said...

I am so glad you had a good day! Your husband is a great one he spoils you and you deserve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...