Monday, February 07, 2011

Love is...

Cleaning up my throw up.

Yep, you read right.  I had a rough week as far as my body is concerned.  I came home from work Tuesday in immense pain from cysts on my ovaries making my endometriosis  flare up to no end.  When my body couldn't take the pain any longer I threw up down the hall, all over the bathroom, all over me, and finally into the toilet.  TMI, I know, but I don't really care.  The last time I threw up was in 11th grade when I had the flu, so it was a surprise to me.  I felt like I was five years old and unable to make it to the bathroom on time.  Gregg was right behind and said "Just go to bed I'll clean up everything."  Well, I had to shower first, but when I got out I had clean clothes waiting on the bed and a garbage can next to the bed in case I had another episode. (Which I did.)

The point of all this is to share what a great husband I have.  He has a horrible gag reflex and yet throughout the years he has cleaned up my puke, emptied my bed pans, held my hand while I screamed at a gyno appt, gone to the store millions of times to buy "feminine" products, and given me blessing after blessing to comfort and heal my broken body and heart. 

I'm positive he got the raw end of the deal when we said "I do." We're still standing seven years later.  We've been a little beaten up a long the way, but we're stronger and blessed beyond comprehension. 

Happy Anniversary.


11 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, Lacey. It isn't fair. Your husband sounds so wonderful. Hang in there!!

Cindy said...

So sorry you were sick! That is awesome about Greg though. You two are perfect and you completely deserve every good thing you have in your life! :) Miss you guys!

a farmers wife and her real life said...

What a great guy! Hope you had a Happy Anniversary!

Kimberly said...

What a catch! Seriously! Hope you're feeling better to celebrate your anniversary! Congrats, 7 years is awesome!

Lacey said...

oh my goodness, i am so sorry you got sick! but i do have to say you guys are pretty much the cutest couple ever and i am so happy for you that you have each other. :) Happy Anniversary!

SJW said...

I literally wipe a tear every time I read a post from your blog. I am so touched by 'your story.' I am so happy for the both of you...& Emme.

Rachel said...

I hope it's okay that I put a link to your blog on my blog. I wrote a post about the adoption community. Let me know if you want me to take off the link.

Tricia said...

What a good man! Happy Anniversary:) Sorry about puking..it's seriously no fun.

Staci Alexander said...

Gregg is such a good guy! I'm wondering if you had a cyst burst that night. That's what happened to me when mine burst, I was throwing up all over! I'm sorry you are having to go through that, you already have to deal with enough womanly issues :(

Unknown said...

Hi, I came across you blog as I was looking for couples who have adopted or are in the process. I have been trying to learn more about the process, and I found your blog helpful. My husband and I have been trying to have kids for the last 4 years. Today I found out that my 5th IUI cycle once again didn’t work. After I got the call from the docs office today I felt a strong impression to check out LDS family services. All day I have been surfing the internet trying to learn more about adoption. I was reading your blog and I really liked your time line post. It really hit home to me, because I recently got a calling in Primary and during my blessing I was also blessed that the lord would grant me the desires of my heart. And like you said, it wasn’t something I was expecting to hear in the blessing. As soon as he said those words I felt such a peaceful feeling come over. My Patriarchal blessing also says the same exact thing. Those simple words have been such a strength for me in this whole LONG process. I just wanted to thank you for sharing something so personal, because it has really given me an added strength that I needed today.

(sorry for writing a novel) :)

Lacey said...

Hollie-Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry for all you've been through. Hang in there. Feel free to e-mail @ lacealex@yahoo.com anytime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...