Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sick

This is what a month of ear infections makes our counter look like. Emme has been on four different kinds of antibiotics in her short life. Some she has taken a couple times.

The most recent one, Augmentin, has ripped her stomach to shreds. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but I'm pissed. Anyway, it has been making her throw up every last nano piece of food. I called the Dr's office yesterday and they had never heard of such a thing. The said to half the doses and spread them out, but what do ya know...about a half hour after the weekend shift was over she threw up again. Uuuuggg! So we decide there is no way we are giving her any more Augmentin.

First thing this morning I called to see what needed to be done. {Do we need to go in? Can we just have a new prescription called in?} A nurse that was very short with me tried to convince me Emme was just gagging on the taste. Yeah I'm not an idiot lady! Even my 6 year old niece could tell the difference between a gag and a full out puke fest!! Especially when it was happening 15 to 20 min after she ate. After she got all the info she said she would let the doctor know and have her call me back.

Four Freaking O' Clock rolls around and still no word!!! Mind you my poor baby still has an ear infection and has thrown up all her food including antibiotics. I call the office and I'm ready to get all WWE on their faces {have I mentioned I have feisty issues at the moment?} but I don't...the receptionist took my info and I once again wait to hear back from the doc.

An hour and a half later I FINALLY get a call from the nurse with a quick "I called in a prescription for you, okay bye." Wow, I didn't realize something like that took eight hours to accomplish. Come to find out Augmentin is the worst on stomachs and also explains Emme's explosive diarrhea at the moment. She's had many many baths these days.

Poor girl has been sick for a month now. I just want my Emme back. The one that kicks and squeals each time we see her.

I think it's time to see an ENT.

7 comments:

The Jacksons said...

Poor Emme :( hope she gets feeling better soon! We can't wait roses you this weekend!!

Tricia said...

Poor baby. I witnessed one of the puke fests and I will testify that it was vomiting and not spitting up. I can call and yell at the nurse if you want...

Kimberly said...

Oh poor baby girl!! Ear infections are the worst, then add puke & diarrhea ... I feel for you guys! Pretty sure we're going to stay FAR away from those meds! Hope her new prescription is helping. Sick babes are so sad :(

Jamee Hardy said...

Sorry your baby girl has been so sick Lacey! Stets had a lot of ear infections as well starting around 8 months of age, we finally went to ENT and we had tubes put in his ears. The only problems we really have had is that his tonsils and adnoids are huge and they talked about taking them out at the same time but didn't, so now 3 years later he has to go in and have them taken out. But I have also heard that a chiropracter can do some adjustments so that the ears drain properally in babies. Sorry to ramble on. lol. If you have any questions just let me know:)

Hodges Family said...

Oh poor baby. Nothing pisses me off more than doctors offices that never call back and think you are not important. I hope she gets better soon.

Lacey said...

oh my goodness, poor thing! and poor mommy! how awful for you to have to see your baby sick like that. Isn't it just maddening when a nurse talks to you like you don't know what you are talking about and they seem to know everything, so frustrating. i hope little Emme gets better soon!

Julie said...

oh, i am so sorry. Nothing is worse than your little one suffering. I can't believe that they were so ignorant about the Augmentin )- It it totally known to cause that. I have to eat it with toast and then not eat anything. For a long time. And I am a grown up. Poor Emme.

Hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...