Monday, April 18, 2011

Sealing Day

Gregg and I believe that families can be together forever. In order to achieve this, we believe you need to be sealed in the temple. Gregg and I were sealed on our wedding day. If we had conceived Emme she would have been born in the covenant, but because she was brought to us through adoption we had the opportunity to have a live sealing in the temple.

We were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. It was an absolutely beautiful event. We were treated like royalty. I even made the comment I felt like VIP to a temple worker. She said "That's because you are!" Emme got to hang out in the nursery for most of the time. The ladies taking care of her loved her. One even said she wished all the babies could be like Emme. Gregg and I were able to spend some time alone in the Celestial Room. The Spirit was very strong as we sat and contemplated all that we had been through to get our little girl. I felt the overwhelming love our Heavenly Father has for me and our family. The time in the temple made everything worth it. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had.

When they brought Emme into the sealing room it was the first time we had seen her in her dress, because I had never had a chance to try it on her. {Things were pretty busy} She looked beautiful. She had a bowel movement seconds before the sealing, but she didn't seem to mind. She gave big smiles all around and loved the big chandelier at the center of the room.

If I can say anything about what I felt that day it would be that our Heavenly Father loves us. We all have a plan. One that will make us grow and learn beyond anything we thought possible. Hang in there... the rewards are endless.

One happy eternal family.

So lucky to have grandmas.
Alexander side.

Emme loves my hair.
Jackson side.
One tired girl.
Too cute for words.
Together we have it all.


9 comments:

Cindy said...

SO happy for you! Congratulations! Your family is beautiful and I LOVE the first black and white of you and Gregg and Emme. Beautiful! Miss you!

Kristi said...

That is SO incredibly cool! I love the pictures, you all look so happy! :)

dust and kam said...

You have such a beautiful family! Congratulations on your sealing. Most amazing experience ever.


Thank you so much for commenting! I have been a little down in the dumps lately and your comment totally made my day!

Amanda said...

A-MAZ-ING! :) Gorgeous family. Love you!

Kimberly said...

love, love. such a special day for your family! I love the picture of your hands on the temple door. Just love everything about this post! ♥

Staci Alexander said...

What a special day! It was so spiritual and I loved seeing you all in white when you came out. I love you guys!

Hodges Family said...

So happy for you guys! What a special day! I love the pictures if you guys emme is so cute.

Tricia said...

What an amazing experience! I think that I cried more than everyone in the room combined. Couldn't help it...the Spirit was so strong. Love you guys. I'm so happy for you:)

Lacey said...

yay i am so happy for you guys! what a special day. Emme is too cute for words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...