Monday, August 25, 2008

Youth Conference

For Youth Conference this year it was just our ward and we had activities around the valley instead of heading somewhere, which turned out well because I got to sleep in my own bed. I feel like I've been on a spiritual high this summer with everything I've been able to participate in. I wasn't able to attend on Friday due to a wedding, but Saturday we went down town and weeded Memory Grove. It was funny because the kids kept saying "which ones are weeds?" Then we had multiple activities around Temple Square including the Joseph Smith movie which was really good. The picture below is during a scavenger hunt that we had to take pictures of certain things around Temple Square.

The activity Saturday night was my favorite. We told the kids we were doing relay races or something, but what we really did was blindfold them and made them hold on to the rope. The only rule was to Hold On To the Rope! Well, little did they know tempters were in place to get them off the rope. Gregg and I got to be the tempters. We were actually very successful by using phrases like "good job you're done," or "your mom/sibling needs you." Once they let go they had to sit there until the bishop came and led them back to the rope. It was a really cool object lesson. Below you see Gregg trying to offer money to one of the kids in his Sunday School class. It was my favorite picture of the whole thing. (Thanks to the Matsumori's for taking pictures.)




4 comments:

Lacey said...

wow i can see why you are on a spiritual high, that is so awesome.

sjhalford said...

awhh those were the days! I can't believe I am saying I miss young womens!

Kimberly said...

That's way cool Lacey -- I like the 'hold on to the rope' lesson -- I could see how that would really put it into perspective for them...neat idea!

Staci Alexander said...

I wish when i was that age i had 2 cool leaders like you and gregg! Seriously though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...