Monday, May 03, 2010

Salt Lake City 5K

April this year was a HUGE month for us. 
-We sold our house
-Gregg turned 30
-Kelsey won Junior Miss
-We RAN our first 5K
-We closed and moved out of our house

You read it right!  Gregg and I had a strong urge that we needed to put our house on the market.  We followed the prompting and only four weeks later we received 3 offers in one weekend.  We accepted an offer and a short three weeks later we moved out and closed on our house.  Gregg and I have both accidentally started to drive to our old house only to realize we're going the wrong way.  It was an odd feeling after everything was moved out and our house was empty.  The lady who bought it was perfect for our home and we know this was meant to be.  We feel so blessed to be able to sell during this insane housing market and can't wait to get into a bigger home.  More details to come...

In other news, through all the craziness this month Gregg and I along with Staci, Megan, Lisa, and Ty ran our first 5K.  I say ran because my only goal for this time around was to never stop running.  We have done the Race for the Cure before, but I wasn't able to run the entire thing.  I hit my goal and I look forward to many more races in the future.  One of the reasons I was so proud of myself is that because of my endometriosis it has been very difficult for me to run  in the past.  I once asked my doctor about it and he said "oh hon, you'll never see a girl with endometriosis like you running a marathon."  I may never run an actual full marathon, but I feel so happy that my endo is finally under control enough that I can endure a few miles.  Gregg on the other hand is a power house!  He runs a 5K almost every time we work out.  He got to the finish line a whopping 10 minutes before me!  I'm also so proud of Megan and Staci.  They were amazing!  I hope we can all stay a little running group.  We'll have to think up a team name or something. 

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a crazy busy month for you guys!! Good job for running the whole 5K!!! =D

S.Jackson said...

You guys are amazing. I'm proud of myself when I WALK to kent's office:)

Tricia said...

Great job! Thank goodness for awesome shoes :)

Megan said...

It was hard, but fun! I look forward to more races and some fun Zumba workouts!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...