Monday, May 03, 2010

Our Very Own Junior Miss

I must admit I was a little surprised when I got a text from Kelsey asking if I could do her hair for Junior Miss.  My first thought was, "you can't be old enough for that." My second thought was, "I didn't think Kelsey would be interested in something like that."  I knew she would do great, but WOW did she exceed my expectations.  The minute I saw her on stage, I knew she was a natural.  Kelsey has always been told she looks like me, which I love. I'm not sure if she likes it or not.   Even though we share a lot of similarities, I wish I had more of her poise and intelligence.   

Oh, did I forget to mention SHE WON?!  There were 30 girls from four different schools and she placed first!  I knew she deserved first place, but I'm SO glad the judges could see the light that shines from every pore of Kelsey.  Let's just say I've been bragging ever since.  :)

*All these pictures are from the second day.  Because there were so many girls, they had to split the pageant into two days. 

Erica touching up Kelsey's makeup back stage.  Her host mom, Erica, and I were the only ones allowed backstage with her.
If you can't tell it was pirate themed.  This is when Kelsey was announced into the top ten.  She was #9 and we were starting to get VERY nervous. 
Fitness
Talent
Struttin' her dress.  Doesn't she look gorgeous?
Interview

All the girls waiting for the results.
Top four in Interview


Top four in scholastic.  Kelsey got the TOP scholastic award.
          
                Announcing the winner.  No one was as shocked as Kelsey.  I kept yelling, "I feel like I won!  I feel like I won!"
The girls coming in for a hug.
                                
Kelsey and me.
                                         
I love A's face.  It's like..."my sister won?"             

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cindy said...

HOLY COW! She looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics! I know my mom and sister were there and were way excited she won too! I can't believe she is that old...

S.Jackson said...

We couldn't have done it without you and Erica!!!! Thanks so much!!! Thanks to Gregg our very own photographer. Keep state open we're bringing you with us. Then Alabama here we come;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...