Monday, May 10, 2010

Survived

*First of all I would like to start out by saying I DO NOT hate mothers.  Gregg and I have have wonderful mothers.  I think it is very important to celebrate them and all they do for us.  I would just love the opportunity to be a mother myself.  That is not a secret.*

Mother's Day went well this year.  YES, well.  My nephew spoke in his ward in Idaho so a big group of us went to support.  I can't say my stomach didn't turn when the speaker shared a quote about the divine gift it is to be a mother, or when they announced if all the married women and mothers would please stand to receive a token.  What about single women?  I almost didn't stand, but I had my mom and two sister in laws close by to support me.  Plus, it was chocolate and Gregg wanted a snack for the ride home.  YEAH to NO flower this year.  I don't have to sit and watch it die while I'm reminded of the meaning of it. 

Overall, the day went great and I did fine.  No tears this year.  I think the hope of adoption has eased the pain somewhat.  Plus, I feel that for the most part I am on the other side of the grief you have to go through when you find you're infertile.  It helped at church to have a niece to look at a book with, and watch the boy cousins giggle and change the words to the hymns as we sang.  I can't wait for our kids to join in the fun.  Happy Mother's Day to Moms, Aunts, Grandma's, Sisters, and women in general. 

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I love you, Lacey! It breaks my heart to see someone I love so much have to face such a daunting trial. You are a beautiful example of a woman and a mother to me. I appreciate and need your loving, motherly nature in Jocelyn's life. Otherwise, she would just watch t.v. all the time:) Glad you made it through the day. Now let's keep enjoying Birthday Month!

Hodges Family said...

I think you are a great mother just so you know moms come in all differnt forms you are great example to me of someone who cares for the children that are already in your life and the children yet to come you are an amazing women love ya tons~

Jamie Ortega said...

I wanted you to know what strength I see in you. Your a wonderful women and a great example to many who are going through trials of their own.

Staci Alexander said...

I know I say this all of the time, but you are more of a strength to me that you will probably ever know. You are teaching me that even though we might not have what we are searching for, that it is okay and that we will BE okay. Thank you Lacey. I love you and am so proud of you for getting through this day :)

Rachel said...

You don't know me, but I am embarking on the adoption process myself, and I understand exactly how you feel about Mothers Day. I want you to know that I have been browsing the profiles on LDS Family Services to get ideas for ours, and they all sound the same and are pretty corny--but yours stood out to me immediately as different. I love your photo, and the write-up is great. I'm sure you will get a baby very soon. If I were a birth mother, I would definitely look at you and your husband as potential parents to my baby. Hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...