Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pure Joy

2 Nephi 2:25
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

September 1st will be a day we never forget.  It started on my way to work. I was down that day and felt the need to pray. I turned off the radio and poured my heart out like I had done so many times. I told Heavenly Father I was trying, REALLY trying to live in faith, but I wasn't doing a good job at it. I felt we had a baby coming soon, but every day went by without an email from a potential birth mom or even a hint we were being looked at.  I'll always remember rushing home from work to meet our caseworker after finding out we needed to sign paper work.   The shock of reading I was getting a baby. The deep gratitude that Heavenly Father did remember me and has a plan for me. Talking to Emme's aunt and setting up a time to meet {M}.
Most of all I'll remember the JOY. PURE JOY I felt that night. We called each of our siblings and my parents and shared the spectacular (there's not even a word good enough) news. We had screamers, bawlers, and just plain excited responses. A few people even collapsed to the ground. It made us realize how much everyone was on our team. After having so much bad news from us it was the best thing ever to give them good news.
This year we celebrated by getting in our Utah gear for their first game and going to dinner at Olive Garden because that's where we met Emme's birth mom and aunt. We reminisced over pasta and proudly showed off the girl that's made our lives amazing.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh how we just love that EmmerMemmerEmmEmmsMemmerMoos!

sjhalford said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

I Love that so much!! You guys are amazing!!

Hodges Family said...

She is so stinkin cute! You are truly amazing to me. I am not sure I could do what you have done!

SJW said...

Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...