Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Tubes

At the end of June we were finally able to get tubes in Emme's ears. All went well and we had a good experience.  I only wish they'd let us keep the hospital outfit because she looked so dang cute in it.  Emme was grumpy after they woke her up, but it was mainly due to her being hungry. After we got food down her she was fine and back to normal. A girl after my own heart.  The surgery was so fast I barely had a chance to get on Facebook before the doctor came to talk to us.  

One thing that was cool was her anesthesiologist told us both of his kids were adopted and he only had a days notice for one of them. For some reason this made me feel safer knowing my child was in his care. Maybe because I felt more connected to him. Funny how knowing others have adopted makes you automatically understand them and all they've been through. 

Emme has had one infection since the tubes, but it was so nice just to do drops instead of taking her to the doctor and doing an antibiotic that makes her sick. It confirmed to me even more that it was a wise decision to put tubes in her ears. 

1 comment:

SJW said...

Lacey, I love this. There are so many people out there who have a connection with adoption. I think of you often, & I love following your blog. Emme looks so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...