Thursday, February 02, 2012

Christmas 2011

December was crazy busy as usual. It's my busiest month of the year at work so I always work longer days and to throw multiple parties in the mix makes for a hectic month. You could say it's a good kind of hectic because it's fun, but I'm not going to lie when I say I was relieved when it was over. Emme was so fun to watch this year. She ooohhed every time we turn on the Christmas lights and we couldn't wait to take her downtown to the Temple Lights.  We had it all scheduled, but due to Emme's asthma our plans were changed.  Out of now where her asthma flared and I could tell it was a struggle for her to breath.  She had to take a steroid and we had to up all her doses of asthma treatments.  To keep her from getting sick and then hospitalized we had to keep her away from a lot of people and out of the lovely Utah inversion.  So instead of Temple Square we decided to go to Thanksgiving Point with my niece and her friend.  We were so excited for Emme to see all the cool lights, but literally minutes before we pulled in she fell asleep.  Nothing would wake her and the long drive proved too long for a one year old to stay awake.  We laughed at the irony and decided there is always next year.  

We spent Christmas to New Years in Idaho with my family.  Except for everyone getting the 24hr flu and Emme having diarrhea the WHOLE time it was a fun relaxing week.  I think we did laundry at least once every day.  Emme loved waking up to pompa every morning and continually getting crackers from Ma (grandma).  Gregg and I even got a date night while my parents watched Emme.  

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

She loved the lights as you can tell.
She was very excited about Santa and kept waving and saying "ho ho ho," but the second she sat on his lap she was terrified. 
Opening presents with the Alexanders
All of the granddaughters.
Instead of packing all of Emme's presents we let her open a few before we left for Idaho.  I love her face when she noticed her new kitchen.

While Gregg and I were busy packing she found a fun new spot to hang out.

Opening presents in Idaho.


Christmas Day

I could have cropped this, but how else would I explain my sister's awesome photography abilities.

She loved this box and would hang out in there forever. 
Playing on grandpa's tractor.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

She is so funny! I just love that she was sound asleep for the lights. It's like $8 a car to drive through that:)

Staci Alexander said...

I love that little Memmers! In fact, I am missing her right now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...