Monday, February 20, 2012

Yo' Dude


What's up in our neck of the woods you ask? Survival of winter. Although it has been a very lax winter we are ready for warmth. I always wonder why we don't have a trip planned to somewhere tropical this time of year. I mostly blame the green stuff for that.

Poor Gregg had the Klondike campout with the scouts and loved freezing for two days. Have I mentioned that on top of 2nd counselor in the young men's Gregg is also scout master? Punishment for his teenage days let me tell ya.  I am also 2nd counselor in the young women's so we like to think of Tuesdays as date night.  Expect for the fact that we're separate most of the time and dinner consists of In and Out at nine at night.  Luckily the YW president's daughter has been taking Emme for us during mutual.  She comes into YW soon, so I'm not so sure how that's going to work out.  Suggestions at keeping a one year old busy during mutual?  Sundays are also hectic and I'm often told I look exhausted.  Not sure how to take that exactly other than "you look really bad today."  Good times.  Hopefully it doesn't sound too much like complaining.  I love the YW program, love the women I serve with, and love the girls.  I guess Gregg and I just feel a little like we're failing at our callings is what I'm trying to say.  We hang in there though.

Emme is her usual busy self.  I'm told by many people how active she is.  Gregg and I are pretty used to it and have the house Emme proofed for the most part.  It's not easy when she's let free at new places, but she is really good to ride in her stroller in the mall or cart at the store.  For how energetic she is, she doesn't mind being strapped down like a lot of kids do.  I think she's a normal 1 1/2yr old and the calm relaxed ones are the odd ones.  :)  Her new love is climbing.  I'm actually glad she can climb now because I don't worry so much about her on things, as she can now get down by herself.  It's still not unusual for her to take the crash landing route once in a while.  She still puts everything in her mouth and loves to eat paper.  Her newest thing is to reach into the fireplace and grab pellets and sneak them in her mouth.  I can't get her to eat certain foods, but she'll eat ash.  I don't get it.  She loves to talk on the phone and will give a big MUAH to who's ever on the other line.  She's a little cuddle bug and gives the tightest squeezes before bed.  She loves her daddy and screams with delight when he gets home from work.  I love that she is understanding us more and more and learns a new word almost every day.  She's our smarty pants.  I wouldn't have her any other way than our zippy, ash eating, Emme.

We're all looking forward to March.  St. George, Beauty and The Beast on Broadway, and family coming for the Hunger Games premiere are all on the list.  Bring on Spring!  


1 comment:

Tricia said...

I think I've seen ash eating somewhere...oh yeah. It was on an episode of "My Strange Addictions" on TLC. Oh that girl. She is just too funny. Sorry about the mutual date nights. Been there, done that and its really difficult:) You guys are awesome and well on your way to becoming Bishop and Relief Society President!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...