Monday, January 14, 2013

A Good Long Juicy Update

Hello, can anybody hear me? 

Yes, it's been forever since I have blogged.  So unlike me, but I have good excuses. First of all, our computer is old and useless and I hate using it.  Second of all, typing on it keeps Emme awake and she is stirring this very minute.  Thirdly, I've had writers block and needed a long break from sharing my thoughts and feelings.  Thank goodness it's a new year and hopefully a fresh start.  We have already spent the entire new year sick, but still have hope that 2013 will be a great year.

If there is anyone out there that still reads our blog SAAWEET, but if not I'm cool with doing things in vain.  :)

So here's our family update:

Gregg:  He is still working hard for our family, but feels that it is time to take on new adventures.  He will soon be applying to Grad schools and working on his Masters Degree.  We are going off pure faith right now, and not completely sure how long or what it will take for him to get into the program he wants.  We both feel it is right and have hope that doors will be opened.

Lacey:  I still work part time as a cosmetologist and enjoy it.  Health wise I have been doing well other than the yucky cold and sinus infection I've been fighting for the last two weeks.  Tis' the season.  My endo is under control, meaning due to BC  I have no pain right now.  I'm sure ya'll wanted to know.

Emme:  She is the most busy energetic outgoing two year old you will ever meet.  Oh wait...all two years are like that?  Dang. There may be a few hypo sensory issues going on with our little Emme that we are looking in to and hopefully will know more about it in the next few months. We love her to death anyway, but as my wise friend keeps reminding me we are in the trenches and one day will get through it.  Being two also has its fun perks and we constantly find ourselves laughing at her cute sayings.  She is talking full sentences and it's so fun to have short little conversations with her.  She always remembers names and if you name one person she will name everyone connected to them.  Including their animals.  She'll randomly bring up someone who we haven't seen or talked about in months and beg to go to their house.  She has no fear of anyone which is good and bad.  It doesn't matter if she's known you forever or for two seconds.  She will strike up a conversation.  She has been potty training for a few months, and picked it up right away.  We went a full week with no accidents and suddenly she stopped telling us she had to pee and the potty became not so cool.  She'll hold it for hours while we're out and about, but not even care while we're home.  Suggestions would be great...   

Adoption:  I'm sad to say it is going nowhere.  The end of 2012 was harder than the beginning which is saying something.  I can now admit out loud that it is just not the right time.  We're okay with it.  That doesn't mean I still don't ache for another great adoption story or another great addition to the family, but the timing is wrong.  With Emme being on the difficult side of toddlerism I can say we're not really baby hungry either.  We've needed a break from trying for baby #2.  Let's just say it would take a great miracle from above for that to be happening soon.  I'm talking part the red sea type miracle.  We've been working on baby number #2 since Emme was a few months old so I'm at peace with taking a break right now.  I always wanted my kids really close together because that's how I am with my siblings, but you can't always get what you want. 

Well, there you have it.  Have you missed me or what?  Let me include a picture as I know many just scroll through for that anyway.



2 comments:

sjhalford said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!!

a farmers wife and her real life said...

Glad you're back :) I'm still working on all of mine....maybe I'll get around to it soon :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...