Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blog Redo

I'm in my late 20s, wife to a very patient husband, mother to a beautiful girl through the greatness of adoption. I blog of my struggles with endometriosis, the woes of infertility, and the joys those things can bring. This is our story...

This is how my profile reads.  It's true no doubt, but sometimes I feel I should add a few things.  Like maybe...

This blog is about a girl who doesn't sew or have time for crafty things.  Her walls are not covered with the latest designs.  She can't show you new things like how to make an amazing dinner.  In fact nachos are on the menu tonight.   There are canned olives involved so it should get pretty crazy up in here.   She works part time and comes home tired.  Nothing gets done at home when the little one is awake except an occasional block tower or amazing colored pencil drawing.  Crayons are for eating in these parts.    If you show up unannounced her house will be covered with toys and papers will hide the kitchen counters.  She has no idea how to coupon so don't even bring it up.  Yep, this blog will get you NO WHERE.  You better click away fast! 

 

Now that I sound like a depressed wife and mother let me clarify.  When I first became a mom I felt the need to be perfect.  Okay let me back up.  When I knew my becoming a mother depended on others deciding if I could even BE a mother meaning getting approved to adopt and knowing a mother would choose us to parent her child, that's when I decided I had to be perfect.  

Guess what?  I'm not perfect. 
Parenting is hard.  Big surprise!  Life is confusing.  No Kidding!  Things don't go as planned.  No one said they would!

I was talking to a client once about some worries and she flat out told me "You think everything has to be a certain way.  You need to let it go."  

How right she is.  I've thought a lot about it and decided that average is perfect for me.  At this time is my life a lot has to be set aside.  If that means my house is never the cutest/cleanest who cares?  Will I still envy moms that seem to have it altogether and then some?  Heck ya I will!  Hopefully from now on I'll only work on Lacey's kind of perfect.  Not a Pinterest kind of perfect.

I'm Lacey.  Welcome to a blog about enjoying, but also surviving parenthood.  My husband and I have a beautiful daughter through adoption.  We have no idea how or when our next child will come so why not stay a while and watch our journey?  You won't find fun new ideas here, but I hope you get a sense of how hard I try to be a good mom and raise a happy child.  For that you see, is my ultimate goal.

3 comments:

The Jacksons said...

This made me cry. Being a good mom and raising happy children is our ultimate goal. Not having the cleanest, cutest house. Or having everything together. That would be nice. But we are all our own kind of perfect and that's all we need to strive for. You're a great mom. I always feel inadequate around you because you seem to have it all together. :)

Amanda said...

Honestly, my favorite blog post EVER!!! I love you so much and you are amazing and absolutely perfect to me!!!

Lacey said...

i love this! i could echo everything you have said. \as far as parenting clean homes and all of that mumbo jumbo, i couldn't agree with you more. i am so impressed with you and how you handle everything. i love that we are friends and i get a to take a glimpse into your wonderful life. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...