Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Night

I love FALL for a couple a reasons. First, it reminds me of when we got engaged. I remember looking for a ring and just having butterflies all the time. I remember Gregg proposing in the canyon on a beautiful Fall night with candles everywhere and amazing orange leaves. Gregg loves that it's football season and I love wearing my U of U sweatshirt. Fall to me brings feelings of new exciting beginnings. Now of course I can add France memories to this great season.
Anyway, back to why I'm posting...We had some pumpkins left over from the party on Saturday and at 8 last night after Gregg got home from school I thought it would be a great idea to carve them. I was surprised to see that Gregg had the energy after a long day, but glad he wanted to do it too. As we were gutting our pumpkins I thought it would be a great idea to bake the seeds, I mean how hard could it be? Well, to make a long story short let's just say we will be finding pumpkin seeds in all places of the kitchen for years to come. Another lesson learned is that I really suck at carving pumpkins. Last year I about teared up when mine completely fell apart after working on it forever. This year I decided to try the easiest picture in the book and well...below you see Gregg taking over my dumb cat. I don't even like cats!
So here is our new Fall tradition...Gregg carves and will carve his, mine, and the kids pumpkins from now on while I gut and bake pumpkin seeds.

Gregg taking over. Look at the awful drawing! I can't even trace a stencil!
Our Yummy SALTY seeds!

Me pretending to carve.
The finished product.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I am always genuinely entertained by your sense of humor. I love you and your wit! Looks like a messy SLASH fun activity. Where is the pumpkin pie that you baked from the guts?

Emily said...

They look great! I can't even get Shaun at buy pumpkins. You would think with kids he would want to do this tradition, but no! Glad you guys had fun!

Kim and Layne said...

Can Gregg come over and carve Lily's pumpkin?

Kimberly said...

Yum!! Pumpkin seeds! We made them this year too ... and I learned that you're supposed to shell them and not eat the whole thing ... they taste much better the right way :) Glad you guys had fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...