Monday, October 06, 2008

Tour Eiffel

I can now check this off my bucket list. I've had dreams about going to the Eiffel Tower and I really wanted a picture of Gregg and I kissing in front of it and it FINALLY happened! I kept saying to Gregg, "this is my DREAM, I can't BELIEVE I'm really here!"
We decided to take the stairs because Rick Steves told us to and for the first 20 flights of stairs it was a good idea, but after that it got to be not such a good idea. It didn't really phase Gregg, but man I had a hard time. The funny thing is that you get a discount if you are under 25 and take the stairs and Gregg kicked butt over me. We only went to the 2nd level (another Rick Steves suggestion) and it was AWESOME! I'm gonna go ahead and even say "Majestic!"







Now I'm going to share kind of a cool story. Gather round...So once upon a time I was having a really frustrating day. Life wasn't going the way I thought it should and I said a little prayer for help. Well, I flipped on the telly and there was Oprah. I'm not a big Oprah fan, but it caught my attention. It was an episode that talked about the book The Secret. Now, I'm a person who thinks if you live as the gospel teaches you will be a happy person, but this book does have a good point. You should always think positive. They also suggested to make a board with goals on it. Supposedly if you make this board you will subconsciously think about it and make it happen. I had hit a low point and I thought "what the heck." So I did it and kept it on the mirror for a while, but took it down when family came to stay because I felt stupid and I forgot all about it.
Fast forward about 5 months....I'm sitting in the back yard trying to think of where to go on a vacation when all of the sudden it hits me...I need to go to France. Why not? I have a cousin there who I love and miss and what better time to go than now? After I convinced Gregg what a great idea it was, we booked tickets. A couple days later I remembered a little goal board I made and ran to the drawer it was shoved into. I pulled it out to find a picture of the Eiffel Tower and next to goal #4 was France. When I wrote it I never thought it would happen, but there you go folks...it did!
Let's just say it was a well needed vacation and I'm so happy we went.

1 comment:

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

I saw that Oprah and love the philosophies of THE SECRET. Fun to hear that it worked for someone so close to home. Maybe I'll make my list today and yes, after your pictures, France will be on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...