Monday, August 09, 2010

Reunion 2010

It was time again for our Family Reunion.  We had such a great time.  I took a million pictures, and I know a lot of family checks our blog so I wanted to make sure to get a huge chunk of them on here.  Looking back on photos I still missed a lot of people, but it doesn't mean I don't love them.
I'm thinking days like these must be a little like what Heaven feels like. 

First Night
Paper Rockets
 Everyone got to make their own rockets and watch as they blasted into the sky.  You can see one flying in the first photo if you look carefully.  I helped Addy make hers and our rocket almost took out the entire audience.  I like to make a lasting impression.
 Candid
 Minute To Win It
 Lip Singing
 D Family


  Family Tree
One of the highlights of the weekend was a FAMILY TREE cake made by Carla and Trevor.  Their talent is always amazing me.  Each family had their own family branch cake and on top of it all was my grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  They even put the date of death of everyone that has passed away.   I held my emotions in check until I saw that they had put Hercules name on there.  I admit it was overwhelming that we were among a few that had not had children and added to the tree.  To physically see it, put things into perspective.  The fact that they had thought of us and added Herc's name on there was so Thoughtful.  It's not that I think Herc is our actual son (I realize he's our pet) it's the kindness that Carla and Trevor had towards us and knowing it would be hard for us to see all the names.  

2 comments:

Lacey said...

your family reunions look like so much fun! and that tree cake is so cute and such a fun idea!

Tricia said...

How fun. That family tree cake is so creative. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd duplicate it:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...