Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Open Adoption

One of the first questions I get when people find out Emme was adopted is "Is it an open adoption?"  I'm proud to say "YES."  Gregg and I always wanted an open adoption.  From the beginning of our decision to adopt, we decided we wanted our children to know their birth families.  We have always had a good feeling about it.  It's very confusing to a lot of people why we would choose that, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  I think the biggest misunderstanding would be that we would only made that decision based on what a birth mother wants.  WE chose it.  I'm so glad Emme will never question where she came from.  She will always know the full TRUE story of how her birth mom made the most unselfish choice she could.  Not only that, she will get to see it first hand. 

Open does not mean Emme will have two sets of parents.  Open means Emme gets to enjoy the love {M} has for her and know she was placed because of that LOVE.  We truly believe the more people rooting Emme on, the better. 

I love this post  from the r house.  Please take a second to read it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my goodness. your story plus that story you linked your readers to have me in tears. thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...