Friday, November 19, 2010

Yuba twenty ten

Back in August we hit one of our favorite spots with some of our favorite people.  Due to a mishap with chipmunks digging trails under our tent and our air mattress deflating on our previous camping trip we decided to rent a trailer.  It was bliss!


We made delicious orange cakes in the fire.


Sisters do as sisters should, we're all together sisters....



Kenz and Kaylee enjoying the fire.

I love this pic of Gregg and Joss.

Warming up.


Now for the Main Event of the Weekend
  
Here's where my adoption post comes in.  


Sometimes in life we try all we can..... 
Just to fall short....

So we go for it again....
And again....
And again...
And Again....
We think we should give up when a voice says keep going...(in this case the voice was Ty.)
Yet, we fall again...
When we can no longer bare the pain, suffering, and water up the nose, everything seems to just fall into place all at once.  We are rewarded for our endurance and receive the things that we have worked so hard for. 
I deserved this smile :)*Note that I had about 100 failure pictures to choose from.  Maybe even more.  Sad, I know...


And sometimes our reward comes in a blond hair, blue eyed little girl.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Tear!
Love it!

Lacey said...

yes tears here too! you are so cute and i am so proud of you for getting up on that wake board! and especially happy for your amazing reward for being so patient.

Staci Alexander said...

Oh my goodness...first of all, I totally forgot about that Sisters picture! Hilarious! Secondly...I'm loving those Wakeboarding pictures! A. They are funny and B. They definitely taught you more than one lesson :) Love you!

Tricia said...

Love this post! So i guess I might be Judice in the sisters picture? I think I look the most awkward:)

Rachel said...

I love the adoption metaphor! I bet being a mother is even more rewarding than if you never had to FIGHT to get the chance. (I'm hoping that's how I'll feel, anyway.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...